- In the case of murder, it is often important to require the preservation of the body of the victim for a defense autopsy. This must be done promptly. This is especially important in the case of dead children. Doctors often leap to conclusions as to the cause of death that are incorrect.
- As in almost all situations it is important NOT TO TALK TO THE POLICE. The police want to talk to the accused to get information to convict him or her, not to help the accused.
- You cannot lie to the police but you have a constitutional right not to talk to the police.
- These are cases that require a lot of trial experience to defend properly. The stakes are high. There is no room for mistakes.
- When retaining a lawyer for yourself, a friend or loved one check the lawyer's experience thoroughly. It is best to meet personally with the lawyer. Determine whether you feel comfortable taking this lawyer's advice. After all, that is what you are paying for.
Violent Crimes Involving a Weapon or Physical Injury Carry Mandatory Prison Sentences
Crimes involving weapons or serious physical injury can carry long prison sentences. It is essential to retain a lawyer who understands the component parts of these crimes and understands that prosecutors often ignore elements of the crime essential for a conviction.
An Unequaled Trial Record
Richard Lougee is a criminal defense attorney experienced in trying cases of murder, robbery and aggravated assault and his Verdicts attest to his unequaled success in winning these cases at trial.